Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Random Observation for Today

So, today I was at the doctor and there was this sweet elderly couple sitting next to me. The elderly man proceeded to pick up his wife's purse, help her to the door and hold it open for her. I realized in that moment that I wouldn't get that moment with Ron. That we wouldn't be growing old together. That I no longer had my best friend to hold my purse, or hold the door, or do any of the small, insignificant things. So, I sat there in the doctor's office, thinking back to all of the "little things" that Ron doesn't do anymore. I won't bore you with too many examples, but I did want to share a few. When we were going through infertility treatments, I suffered from pretty severe migraines. Ron would brush my hair for hours to help with the pain. He was the only person in my life to remember me every Mother's Day. Of course I wrote this to try to get a message to my friends. Please, do not take one moment for granted. Even the smallest, most seemingly insignificant things, hurt horribly when they are gone.

1 comment:

loreley said...

dont know if that last comment went thru.....