Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I wanted to take a moment to say Happy Mother's Day to all of the mommies.. birth mommies, adoptive mommies, step mommies, mommies to angel babies and anyone who has ever loved like a mom. This holiday is another that makes me remember the old Ron. For those who don't know, I have a 15yo son that I placed for adoption when he was 3 days old. I met Ron shortly after placing my son. Ron and I went through 4.5 years of infertility treatments without success. However, since he and I met, Ron never forgot me on Mother's Day. He always made the day special for me but now he doesn't really understand. It has made this holiday harder for me and for some reason it is even more difficult this year. I can still hear Ron in my head, telling me that I will always be a mommy in his eyes. I miss that. 


I am a proud birth mother. I will never regret my decision to give my son the life he deserves, but some days I miss him. I am so proud of the young man he has become and grateful for the letters and pictures that I have received over the last 15 years.  Mommy loves you Caleb Mikael! 


Be sure to remember ALL the mommies today. ♥


A song for my son, Caleb Mikael

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are in the very beginning of all of this , the possible meningits, the unclear thinking , not the same person. I can totally relate. He has not been officially diagnosed with cns vasculitis but that is the direction he had his cerebreal angiogram done yesterday and we see the rhumetologist on Thursday .. but they have already told us that we will probably have to go to cleveland. that must be a good place..i have days where i just want to walk away... and not look back

Amanda said...

My email is thecatlady0107@live.com if you want to chat.!